I have recently decided upon a ‘zero-tolerance’ policy for all the the media I communicate in, which in the case of forums (totally worthless) means locking/deleting my account altogether and in the case of ‘social networks’ like Facebook simply involved deleting all religious people, conservatives, lefties, etc. The reasons for this are as follows:
1. Debating with idiots is pointless.
2. Debating with religious people is pointless.
3. Forums are invariably 75% + of the above, thus swamping any meaningful discussion with stupid bullshit.
4. Short and rapidly issued arguments are highly inadequate for any complex subject, especially one which involves many popular misconceptions.
5. Long, detailed and referenced posts are inevitably made worthless by the mass of mental retards that make up the internet.
6. Almost invariably no one I talk to will actually have the requisite background to be even able to comprehend my arguments, and I am certainly not inclined to become his schoolteacher.
7. Chances are I don’t just disagree with you, I personally dislike you.
8. If I cared about your opinion I’d read the book you butchered it from.
Note that this applies to the blog, too, any comments involving something I don’t care about discussing will just be deleted.